Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm back

OK, I'm back from a long needed vacation. No, I didn't go anywhere tropical or fun. I'm just back to the blogging world. The Holidays were so fun and exhausting that I needed a hiatus.

I'm back largely due to an e-mail I received from my father today. I've copied and pasted it below:

Megan

I have sent your web site out to a lot of my friends – they are looking for an update – they are worried about Andy’s head – is it better?? Come on where are the new pictures – where is Popeye and Olive Oil’s picture – you have had that a long time – lets get it on the site.

Randy


This may seem a little demanding and forward but if any of you know my dad, it's all done in love and good humor...I think. So here ya go, dad.

Christmas was great this year. We had so much fun with all of Ephraim's family. So much fun that I was feeling very tired and worn out from all of the festivities. I thought I was just having a hard pregnancy this time around but realized after all the family left and went home that I just needed to take it easy.


(If you're wondering why Andy's PJs are zipped open...my son has a fascination with his belly button. It's a comfort thing. He sucks his thumb and puts the index finger of his other hand in his belly button. Wierd, I know. Any clothing that prevents this process must be altered).

Eph's brother Chris and his family came down for the week after Christmas and Ephraim took the week off. We did lots of fun things...Jumpin' Jacks, the Aquatic Playground at the Rec Center, dinners, movies, a New Years' Party and Parade, and lots of talking and food. LOTS of food. My OBGYN cringed a little when I weighed in at my last appointment. This babe is livin' it up.


We have been taking it easier since everyone went home. Eph's sister, Summer, and her family also left after the new year. They moved up to northern Idaho for a new job. We had been living across the street from each other for the past 4 months. (Is it a coincidence that our move here and their move away came so close together?...hmmmmmm). We love them and miss them very much.

So, dad, I'm back. About the "Popeye" picture...I think it "accidentally" got deleted from my e-mail. Send it to me again and we'll see what we can do. Oh, and Andy's head his much better, thanks for asking.



7 comments:

Laura said...

Glad you're back! I cringed every time I looked at that picture of his head...ouch!

Summer said...

We miss you guys too...we love you!Tell the boys we love them and miss them!

Our Little Family said...

I am so glad you are back! The boys and I love to hear what you guys are up to!

Steph told me about the Kmart sale are you going? Let me know if you find any deals that are too good to pass up!

Unknown said...

I want to see this *Popeye* picture because now I'm curious! Oh, and Randy--I heard the muse in your letter the instant I started reading it ;D Looks like you had a very nice holiday!

trublubyu said...

i didn't realize you and summer lived that close together. that is awesome. but sad now, i can imagine.

happy new year to you and your sweet fam.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Megs, we really did have a blast, it took me awhile to recover when I got home too, and I'm not even pregnant! Thanks for all the fun!