Sunday, January 25, 2009

25 Random Facts

I was tagged on Facebook to post 25 random facts about myself. I thought I would post them here, also.

1. I was born a Hoosier, raised a Buckeye, and am now happy to be a “Ute”

2. I grew up with two brothers and a sister who all still live back in the Midwest

3. I have the most wonderful, generous, caring parents in the world

4. I graduated from high school in Springfield, Ohio in 1995 where I had great teachers and GREAT friends. The school was surrounded on three sides by corn fields.

5. I spent five years getting my four year bachelor degree at Brigham Young University and loved every year (I really did pick a long major…really). Go Cougars!

6. I spent five years teaching middle and high school science and loved four years of it (one year was at a terrible school…I still wonder how I made it through?)

7. I spent a semester student teaching in Mexico at the end of my bachelor’s degree. I loved it

8. I had the greatest roommates at BYU, and lived with them for almost the whole time I was there. We still keep in touch

9. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and love and live my religion

10. I left home at 18, got married at 24, and had my first child at 28. I loved that time I spent finding myself

11. I married a wonderful man, Ephraim Hanks, in 2001

12. Ephraim is a marriage therapist. Yes, I’m married to a marriage therapist. We have some pretty interesting arguments…I mean discussions

13. I have two beautiful boys and a third on the way. So in two months I will have a three year old, a two year old, and a newborn. What am I thinking??

14. I love reading when I can find the time. The last books I finished were How to Win Friends and Influence People and The Secret Life of Bees. I’ve started The Poisonwood Bible and if I could convince my three year old to nap, maybe I could get some more reading done

15. I work part-time at Sylvan Learning Center teaching math to high school students. I love it and I love my husband for coming home early so I can go

16. I love to be outside and love where I live. We have warm weather 9 months out of the year

17. I loved snowboarding before I had kids (I haven’t been since but will start going again someday). And I love my husband for teaching me how…he’s going to heaven, for sure

18. I really want to take a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands with my husband for our tenth anniversary. Now, what am I going to do with my kids? Any takers?

19. My husband and I teach the three-year-old class at church on Sundays. That makes for some interesting comments on the lesson

20. I hate being pregnant, even though I don’t get sick at all. The only thing that makes it worth it (besides the babe at the end) is feeling the baby move. I love that

21. I have huge babies…my first was 9 lbs 15 oz and my second was 8 lbs 15 oz (he was a week early)

22. Both of my boys have LDS prophets for middle names. Noah McKay and Anderson Taylor

23. I changed the way I look at the world after I heard about Stephanie Nielson and her blog…visit www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com for more info

24. I love playing tennis and can’t wait to play again this summer when I’m not pregnant. I coached while I taught high school

25. My favorite time of the day is when my husband comes home and we play with the kids. My second favorite time of the day…when I get to be with my husband and the kids are in bed

and 26. I have many faults and insecurities but will not post any of them, because I'm a red and, well, reds just don't do stuff like that.


6 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

This list, I loved it! I was so pleased to learn so many new things, but also pleased that I knew so many! (I love all three books you mentioned. When Kirk and I first got married, we read The Poisonwood Bible SIMULTANEOUSLY. I was about a 100 pages ahead of him, and we held the book up so could both read. It didn't work for long though.)

BUT all those years of living with you, I never realized you were a RED! I would have thought you were a BLUE, like me.

Erika said...

I totally agree with #3! I know your parents and love them and think they are great! The rest of your list was pretty awesome, too. I learned a lot of things about you that I didn't know!

Our Little Family said...

What a great list! It was so much fun to read all about you! And I would have NEVER guessed you were a red! I think you are the nicest red personality I have ever met, a very very well rounded red!

I am super excited to check out the blog you mentioned! Hopefully we will see you Sunday! (no big deal if you cant make it:)

Unknown said...

You're a Ute? Since when? I don't believe a real Ute, or someone who was really 'happy to be a Ute' would write 'Go Cougars' on their blog.

You're a red? Me too! I agree with the comment above, I would have thought you were a blue. You seem to have the whole 'emotions' thing down pretty well, which isn't very red is it?

So I guess what I'm saying here is that I thought you were blue in every way...sports affiliations and otherwise.

trublubyu said...

so good to learn more about you! i also left home at 18, married at 24 and had my first baby at 29.

when you go on that hawaiian cruise, we would love to have your kids! i'm serious.

HanksFam said...

As for the "Ute" status, I am referring to the state, not the school. I am a Cougar fan, unless the Utes are playing someone I don't know, then I will become a temporary "Ute" fan.