Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Weekend Away


What did I do when the husband gave the OK to go away for the weekend? I decided to relive college memories (well, some of them).

This weekend was Women's Conference up at BYU. I met my old (as in former) roommates up in Provo for a weekend that I won't soon forget. It was a weekend filled with fun, food, and spiritual uplift.

Things I took away from this Conference Weekend...

  • Prioritizing my life makes room for the essential things (like scripture study, prayer, and meditation)...and we will be drawn off course if our priorities are out of order
  • I control my calendar, not the other way around
  • Chocolate covered cinnamon bears taste delightful (thank you, Brittany)
  • Being consistent in spiritual things will help them become a forum for spiritual moments
  • "Our sorrows and sacrifices carve and stretch the caverns of feeling within our own hearts, and as those caverns are enlarged, they expand our soul's capacity for joy" (I can't remember the author...)
  • I'm not sure why I was worried about a 4 hour car ride by myself...it could've lasted longer
  • I really do like Cafe Rio salads better than the burritos
  • I will pray for the love that allows me to see the good in my loved ones and makes weaknesses and mistakes seem small
  • I'm not sure why we thought the dorms were so awesome our freshman year (see picture at bottom)
  • I was reminded why (15 years ago) I spent so many hours at the bookstore candy counter...and why I gained so much weight...and possibly why I didn't get married until a year after I graduated
  • Seeing other people through the Savior's eyes will help us build sound relationships
  • If I am constantly judging others, I have no time to love them...Mother Teresa
  • I remember so well why my BYU experience was wonderful...I had the best roommates in the world


4 comments:

trublubyu said...

love women's conference!! and how fun to be there with old roommates!

Laura said...

I wish so much that I could have joined up with you guys, but the timing was off for me with the new baby. For sure next time! Thanks for sharing your reflections from it.

Quincy Sorensen said...

I loved everything on your list! It was a great idea . . . so I stole it. :) Sure love you!

Unknown said...

Oh those dorm rooms!! And I 100% agree about the cinnamon bears--I crave them as we speak of them!!

Love you tons Megan and I miss u too! I agree--Florida sounds awesome ;D