Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My New Best Friend

Megan, meet the KitchenAid Mixer. KitchenAid, meet Megan.
And so the love story begins...with t
he appliance I never knew I always needed.



I have been making my own bread for a while now...hand kneading it and everything.

The plan this past year was to purchase a KitchenAid Mixer at a Black Friday sale...but my parents beat me to the punch. They surprised me with one when they came out in October. Fabulous, right? I use it multiple times a week.
And to top it off, my husband bought me a wheat grinder attachment.

I haven't bought bread in 4 months.

And now I don't buy wheat flour.

I love this machine.

On another note, I just realized my blog started doing "comment moderation" all on its own. Sorry to the comments I just discovered back from November.

8 comments:

Laura said...

I LOVE my Kitchen Aid mixer. I got one a year or two ago. So much better than a hand one! How cool to have a wheat grinder attachment! That's next on my list of things I want/need.

The Blackwells said...

Megan please share your bread recipes, I tried the recipe that came with my kitchenaid and cant get it to turn out! Maybe it's me but lets pretend it's the recipe!

HanksFam said...

Jamie, I will. I'll do a blog post on it. I promise!

Clark Family said...

I love my mixer too but I don't know how to bread so you are going to teach me, ok? OK great! lol Well I may not do bread but I have got the pasta attachment and it is sooo fum to make your own noodles and pasta.

Lindsey/Jeremy said...

i haven't made homemade bread in forever. My bread maker sucks so i don't use it and want to learn how to do it the oven way. :) teach me obi-wan!!!

Rebecca said...

You can't beat a loaf of homemade bread. I am partial to the Bosch, but if it works it works! Call me when you are here.

HeatherH said...

Ahh, you're so good! You can make me bread the next time you're in town, ha ha!

Unknown said...

The big question is what color did you get? Do you know they have purple ones now! I have a white one, but my kitchen is purple, of course, and so I think I need a purple one ;D