Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Christmas...a little off key



Sewing has been on my to-learn list for years now and I finally did it!...with the help of my mother and the Dixie Community Education sewing instructor. The pajamas (on the older boys) were my first sewing project. They took 6 weeks to make and I made almost every mistake possible (thank goodness for seam rippers)...but they ended up turning out OK.

My favorite mistake was when I tried to sew the front of the shirt to the back and asked the sewing instructor if it was right. Her reply..."If you're a double amputee..."

I hope these hold up in the wash......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent job on the pajamas...yes seam rippers are GOOD! We will see you guys in a few weeks!

Gatlin Gang said...

You rock! Sewing machines don't like me or maybe it is the other way around, so I go to Wal-mart at 5:30 on black Friday for p.j.s. I admire your determination.