Monday, April 25, 2011

The Cruise

We've been able to do some fun things lately with the family and I need to document some of them. The funnest?...is that a word?...Ephraim and I were able to take a cruise for our 10th anniversary (a little early). We sailed on the Carnival Splendor (yes, the one that caught fire back in November) out of Long Beach down the Mexican Riviera. Carnival must have gotten things straightened out because we had the time of our lives.

We were able to go with my parent
s and really had a blast. (I sure didn't realize 15 years ago how fun my parents could be!) We ate, slept, shopped, ziplined, ate, played cards, slept some more, shopped some more, and laid on the beach. We took a glass bottom boat ride to the very edge of the Baja Peninsula. Pancho didn't mention that the glass bottom was a 12 inch by 12 inch piece of frosted and dirty glass. We couldn't see a single thing. I guess that's what you get for a $20 boat ride in Cabo San Lucas. But it took us to one of the most beautiful beaches I have seen...the Sea of Cortez on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other.

Ephraim and I came away from t
his trip weighing a collective 11 pounds heavier than when we started. It only took having the flu for a whole week after I got home to lose the weight again.


We would often take a nap in the afte
rnoon and come back to our bed looking like this (oh how I miss this)...


I was able to experience this trip with the love of my life...




The beach...

The ship... (where we watched the Academy Awards Sunday night...)

Are we up for another trip yet? Because I'm ready to go again. Maybe with the kids this time. I missed them so much by the end that I could barely stand it!

3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I think a cruise with your parents would be AWESOME! Such a fun and memorable way to celebrate your anniversary! Yay for you and Ephraim (and your parents)!

Summer said...

I was waiting to see these FUN pics! FUN..FUN..FUN!!!

Lacy K. said...

So fun! I'm jealous!