Pantry Secrets Bread Recipe
10 1/2 cups white bread flour or wheat flour (sift the white flour)
1/2 cup sugar or 1/3 cup honey
1 Tbsp. Salt
3 rounded Tbsp. Saf-Instant yeast (this is a special yeast that works with dry ingredients...it does not need to be proofed with liquids)
3 Tbsp. liquid lecithin OR FOR WHEATBREAD 4 Tbsp. liquid lecithin (this replaces oil...it tends to make the bread more moist)
4 cups hot tap water OR FOR WHEAT BREAD add 1 cup applesauce as part of water
Mix the dry ingredients. Add lecithin and water (don't measure the lecithin. Just pour and guess!)
Mix for 1 minute and check consistency. If dough is too dry, add more water. Dough should be very sticky and be sticking somewhat the side of the bowl. Mix for 5 minutes for white bread (10 min. by hand) or 10 minutes for wheat bread (20 min. by hand).
Do not add flour to the dough after it has finished mixing. Spray the counter with cooking spray. Shape loaves and cover with a dishtowel.
Let rise 25 minutes. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
This recipe makes four loaves of bread. Use 4 x 8 inch pans.
I usually only make 2 loaves at once. My kitchen-aid seems to handle that better. If you have a bigger mixer, then 4 loaves at once would be great...less work!
Good luck! It's hard to go back to eating store-bought bread when this is so good and so easy. I also buy bread bags and ties and I freeze my extra loaves.
This recipe can also be used to make more delicious goodies...like dinner rolls, bread sticks, and cinnamon rolls. That post may be for another time.
4 comments:
I can't wait to try it! Thank you!
Your loaves look perfect!
This looks WAY easier than what I've been doing. I'm trying it out as soon as my oven gets fixed!
Oh thanks for posting this. I love to make bread and I am going to try this one! And yes, the cookies from the r.s. party where from our cookie night. They are heavenly. I will get you the recipe..
Post a Comment