Friday, April 24, 2009

Lucas


I've been thinking about how fast babies grow out of the newborn stage...especially mine. The pediatrician called Lucas Hank the Tank at his 2 week appointment. He weighed in at 9 lbs 15 oz and almost 22 inches long.

I don't think it's very fair that during this precious stage in this little boy's life, I'm not functioning quite at 100%. The recovery from child birth, not sleeping, and other issues that result from a 5 foot 3 inch somewhat petite girl giving birth to 9 pound babies. I'm enjoying mostly every minute of this newborn stage (except maybe at 3am). I just can't help but think that nature could have thought this one through a little harder.

I just wish I could keep him little longer.

12 comments:

Erika said...

He's so cute! I want another one of those! Just got his birth announcement in the mail. Adorable! Thanks!

Jarmeg Family said...

oh that is a cute fat little man! all of mine were huge too, it's not fair! you guys are invited anytime you want to come down for a cheap fun vacation! i will tell vonnie hi for you!

Quincy Sorensen said...

These are PRECIOUS pictures! Lucas really is just so cute. I love that picture of him with his hands out and open. After a baby, I always try hard to remind myself that feeling exhausted and overwhelmed really is short-lived. I tend to extrapolate and think I will never get a stretch of sleep that's long enough! I know you are in love with him.

Lorilee said...

What a cutie. I am thrilled for you. Congratulations Megan. Three beautiful boys. Who could ask for anything more. Good luck with your recovery.

trublubyu said...

he really is way cute! i love the pics. there is nothing sweeter than an older sibling holding an infant.

trublubyu said...

p.s. thanks for sending us a birth announcement. they are so beautiful. did chris do them?

HanksFam said...

Yes, Chris did the announcements. We had the pics taken here in St. George and Chris did the graphic stuff on it. He sure is a handy brother-in-law to have!

Gatlin Gang said...

He does look like a big boy, but oh so darling.

HeatherH said...

So sweet!!

The Mathews Family said...

He is one cool kid!!! I have to be honest and holding him at Jumpin Jacks made me want another child. I thought I was good with 2 boys but I think 3 is the magical number. Thanks for the invite to JJ it was a lot of fun. We need to hang more often. BBQ at our house next time.

Kade

trublubyu said...

it was so great to finally meet you and your sweet boys this past weekend! i hope the blessing went well and you had a great time with family all around...

The McDowell Family: CCS Resport said...

Totally agree Megan...they get out of that newborn stage so fast, and before you know it, they're BIG! I wish it would slow down a little, although every stage is fun, there's just something about a precious newborn!